Corpus Christi Church was founded in 1897. Prior to the establishment of this parish, Catholics were obliged to go to Lodi or Carstadt to attend Mass on Sunday. The Church was initially a mission of St. Francis de Sales Parish in Lodi. In 1914, the church was moved from it's previous site on the south side of Kipp Avenue to it's current location on the Boulevard and Kipp Avenue.
In February 1919, Corpus Christi became an independent parish under the leadership of the Rev. Andrew L. Clark. In September 1928, the parish opened a Catholic school. The Sisters of Charity from Convent Station, NJ were placed in charge of the school.
A complete history can be found in the booklets below.